Aug 24, 2014

Enryaku-ji in Mount Hiei / 比叡山延暦寺




















Today, I enjoyed a short trip to Enryaku-ji in Mt Hiei.

Demachiyanagi station → took Eizan railway → Yase (the gate of Mt Hiei) → took a cable car → The top of Mt Hiei → took 30 min walk → Enryaku-ji

It was foggy, so many of these pictures are whitened. The fog was so deep and I felt my skin moisturized. I've tried to keep this condition. Mt Hiei is known for having Enryaku-ji. Enryaku-ji has a long history more than 1200 years. Enryaku-ji was opened by Saicho to train priests, and it is one of the greatest Buddhism places. So Enryaku-ji is located in deep mountain to keep priests away from society.
You can enjoy the way to deep forest and beautiful combination of nature and Japanese old architecture.
In total, I walked more than 3 hours. In the end it was hard for me to move my legs. I'm planning Mt Hiei trail in winter to take beautiful picture. I have to get myself trained to achieve this plan. Mt trail has about 10 km!


濃霧の中比叡山延暦寺に行きました。ほんますごかった。場所によっては10m先は見えないぐらい。

出町柳→叡山電鉄→八瀬→ケーブルカー→比叡山山頂→徒歩30分→延暦寺

霧が本当にすごくて肌の調子めっちゃ良くなった。結局3時間ぐらい歩いたけど最後のほう足ガクガクになってしまった。来年ひっこすまでに比叡山の登山ルート攻略して冬のきれいな写真撮りたいんやけど難しいかなあ。5時間かかるらしいし。


 follow us in feedly

2 comments:

  1. This is probably the first time i get so close to a foggy mountain and temple of Japan. Thanks for sharing, the pictures are beautiful;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment! Many mountains in Japan are always foggy because of its humid climate.

      Delete